Sunday, January 2, 2011

Kate's 1st dance recital

Kate had her 1st true test as a performer...and she rose to the occassion! In August we started ballet lessons with her best friend from school, Adie. We were sold on the dance studio based on the cost and the fact that they do 2 recitals each year - a mid-year and an end-of-year recital. And to top it all off, each recital only lasts 1 hour.

Kate didn't seem nervous at all. She said, "I will just look at Miss Stacey if I need to, mommy." I am not counting on her having a huge future as a professional ballet dancer but I love the confidence that these types of activities build in young girls! Ryan and I have long had the conversation of whether it is to be the best at 1 sport or to be good at multiple sports and based on our own backgrounds we see opposing sides of this discussion. My primary goal is to at least expose her to as much as we can and then she can choose what she likes to do best down the road.

The show was what you expect for a bunch of 4 year olds but that was the far from the point of this special evening. Kate rose to the occassion and proved to us that she is in fact blossoming into a lovely little girl. We are proud of you Kate for the confidence you exuded out on the dance floor! You looked beautiful!

A HUGE thank you goes out to Aunt Granny and Uncle Pal for weathering the terrible snow and ice and surviving the long trip home after spending the day with us. We thank you for all our wonderful Christmas gifts and most of all, truly appreciate you taking the time to show Kate how much she means to you by coming up for her recital. Hopefully the weather won't be so bad for the next recital and everyone can join in on the entertainment! We know all our family was there in spirit!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

oh my I LOVE THAT COSTUME!!!!