Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Years!

The whirlwind trip to Nashville (and Indianapolis on Tuesday) left me pretty exhausted by New Year's Eve. Despite being a little tired, we wanted to make the trip to Lexington to help Maddie celebrate her 1st birthday. I could have sworn I got pictures of her and the cake but didn't see them on my camera. Who knows...I was a little tired. It is a shame too because her reaction was priceless.

Here are a few pictures from the day. Kate and Tripp are big buddies now and enjoyed a little cake eating on the front porch.


My mom enjoyed a little snuggle time with Jake. Mom...you look beautiful in this picture!

To help wrap up the wonderful year it has been to us we enjoyed a little take-out sushi with the Nodines. It is a shame that my timing was off for all my travels because it resulted in me being fast asleep by 11pm. I was probably a little cranky at the Nodine's too so for that, I apologize. I don't do well on little sleep. Thank goodness Ryan was tired too as he had no complaints on laying low!

Cheers to everyone for a wonderful 2011! It is hard to believe that I started this blog 3 years ago this month to help keep track of all my pictures and share with my family and friends all that life brings us. For the few people that check it, I hope you continue to enjoy all the pictures and stories. I am not the best writer but I most certainly enjoy the time I spend on our blog. It hope Kate and Jake both enjoy sharing the memories of their childhood with their families one day!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

nanajo said...

The blog will be a joyful memory to Kate and Jake in the future for sure. In the here and now, it is a joyful pleasure to all who hold the "Mardis Family" dear to their hearts. Thanks, Whitney, for your time and superb effort in making this something we all can share. I enjoy hearing/seeing the bits and pieces of your friends' lives too. They are as lovely as you!

Whitney said...

So glad you enjoy it Jo. It is nice to take time every several weeks to think about how special my family and friends are...and the pictures are fun too! Every few months I go back to the beginning of the blog and remenece about our past memories.

It was great to see you over the holiday. Hopefully we can see you again soon!

Window Three said...

Your site looks great and I loved seeing all the pictures from the holidays! Why didn't I get any of those righteous cookies that you and Kate made?

Whitney said...

I am sure Kate would have no problem baking you some more...the sugar cookies rocked!