Monday, June 14, 2010

Jake's milestones

A few new milestones for Jake...

1) Sleeping through the night - yahoo! From 7-10 weeks, Jake was consistently sleeping from 7:30/8 to 3:00 a.m. I reread "Baby Wise", which has been a lifesaver for both Kate and Jake. It states by the end of 10 weeks, babies should be sleeping 9-10 hours consecutively. At the same time we also realized that he was waking up at 3:00 a.m. no matter what time he went to bed. So, back came baby bootcamp. We let him cry it out when he woke up at 3 and in 2 nights, he was sleeping until at least 5:30. For the past 5 nights, he has slept from 7:30/8 til 630/7. Several mornings, I have even had to wake him up at 7 so I can feed him before work. Therefore, I declare it official...Jake is sleeping through the night! I know there will still be "bad" nights but I am confident we are over the hump of sleepless nights!

2) Holding his head up. He loves to be on his belly as you can tell in the pictures below. His teachers say he loves tummy time at school too. He is also spending about 5 minutes at a time in the exersaucer. The lighting in the pictures below isn't great but hopefully you can see how cute his little face is!

3) Tracking ceiling fans. I have never seen anything like it. As soon as you walk into a room with a fan, he throws his head back so he can see it!

Needless to say, things are good with Jake. Several of you have asked what Kate's weight was compared to Jake's. I looked in her baby book at she weighted 12 lbs 12 oz at 2 months and 14 lbs 4 oz at 4 months. Therefore, he is a good 2 1/2 - 3 lbs heavier than she was at this stage...and she was big for her age :)






Posted by Picasa

No comments: