Sunday, September 27, 2009

I love the fall



The fall is always my favorite time of year. The weather is cooling off (even better when you are prego), football is on most days/nights, and there are always so many fun events. Last weekend Ryan and I had a blast at the UK vs. UL football game. Even though we barely won, the day as a whole was great. Prior to the game, we tailgated with Janet, John, Charlie, Judd, Jen and the girls. The food was great but the company even better. A big thank you goes out to Janet and John for the great tickets. We are so lucky to be included in a game each season.

After the game, we enjoyed some time with a few of our friends from college. We visited a new bar called Drake's, and surprisingly, the food was great for bar food. I guess after a day standing in the sun, anything taste good. We ended the night at Nathan and Nikki's and I was delighted to get into bed by 11 pm :) while everyone else stayed up til the wee hours of the morning.

Sunday morning we enjoyed a great visit with Jo, Chad, Melissa and Ava in celebration of Chad's upcoming birthday. Jo was nice enough to watch Kate while we attended the game. From the sounds of it, they had a big day together. We all enjoyed the cupcakes the two of them made for Chad's birthday. As always, Kate and Ava seemed to play well together.

This weekend was much more laid back even though it ended up pretty busy. Ryan was lucky enough to get to go to the UK game again this weekend. Nathan had a few extra tickets and invited several friends in town for a guys weekend. Even though the game itself was terrible, they all enjoyed themselves and Kate and I enjoyed our girl time/dress-up time. Last night, Ann and Jack were nice enough to watch Kate for 2 hours as I watched the 1st half of the game with a group of my girlfriends from highschool that I go out with 1x/month. We enjoyed the nice weather from the patio at Napa River Grill...yummy food and pretty good non-alcoholic beer. Not too bad!

We enjoyed a great visit from John Riley, Lucy and Jennifer this morning and a visit from the Sherman's this afternoon. It was great to catch up with Jennifer while the kiddos played in every room of the house. It never seems like I get to talk to my friends enough so it is always great to catch up. We enjoyed our weekly dinner with the Shermans. I made a new recipe, "soup that tastes like lasagna". It will definitely be made again...easy and yummy.

No comments: