
Another great weekend. It started off with Ryan calling me late Friday afternoon from work wanting to know if I was interested in going to the playoff game for The Bats (Louisville's Triple A team). My first response was what better way could we get out and enjoy the last weeks of summer weather. It was in the low 70's and sunny...beautiful. We invited our friends Jon and April and enjoyed a few hours of baseball. We had to leave before it was over because I was very tired. I tried to blame it on Kate but she was way too wired to want to leave at 9 :)

I had to work Saturday in Cincinnati, which for working all day on a Saturday, it was very informative and productive. Very happy that I was able to attend the meeting that I attended with one of my peers and reps. I made the most of it by visiting a great maternity store at Kenwood Mall. I bought 2 dresses that will last me the entire pregnancy. I know this because I tried them on with a fake belly that you put on that all of a sudden makes you 8 months. I have to admit that I am getting pretty excited about this whole 2nd pregnancy thing. I have been excited since the beginning, I think it was just masked by the nausea and vomiting. If I don't ever vomit again I will be one happy lady! Needless to say, I enjoyed the hour of shopping by myself while Ryan and Kate drove to Lexington to visit Ryan's dad for lunch. We all arrived back at the house at the same time. I made some spaghetti and then relaxed (I mean slept) on the couch. The best part is that we have enough spaghetti sauce for a couple more meals this week...yea no cooking!

Today we had our 1st Fox Harbor picnic. It is an annual event that is held in the grassy area at the very front of our neighborhood. It was great talking to the few people that we have already met, and meeting a handful of other neighbors. There were tons of kids, a jumper, games, etc. The local fire department brought down one of their firetrucks, which was a huge hit. Kate LOVED it and so did we!
I am off to bed. Long weekends still made me a little tired. My camera battery is dead so I can't download the pics tonight. I will get to that asap.
No comments:
Post a Comment