DIY or Do It Yourself sounds so great, doesn't it? That is until you are knee deep in wallpaper scraps, a ton of glue, and a steamer that could melt the ice at the North Pole on the coldest day. Exagerating I know but my "Hey Ryan, I think I am going to do the kid's bathroom over my few days off" over Christmas DIY project is still going strong a month later. We are not finished yet - I have some monogrammed rugs and a few prints on order from Etsy and we will install the new light fixtures once the drywall people come back when we get out basement done. Until my "finally finished" pictures are posted in a few weeks, I thought I would share a project that has kept Ryan and I both busy during naps the past few weekends.
Here is the before (the way it has looked since we bought the house):
And here is the almost final product. We removed the wallpaper, re-drywalled (we hired out), primmed, painted, painted again, trimmed the mirror, and bought a new shower curtain and rod. We still have the rugs, artwork, and lights to complete the 1st DIY project of 2012 (which was supposed to be of 2011). The accessories should "kid" it up a little but hopefully this will be a bathroom that will growth with them for a while.

3 comments:
Tres chic! Kudos to the DIYers!
I LOVE IT!!! The color is awesome and I'm so impressed. The hardest part for me would be it taking so long. I'm so not patient!! :)
Gorgeous Whit!!!
Post a Comment