Sunday, January 1, 2012

The wrap on our holidays

Words cannot describe the amount of joy that has passed through our house the past 2 weeks. An older friend of mine said to me when Kate was born that the "next 10 Christmas' will be the best you will ever experience so try to enjoy every minute of it". I now know what she meant because to celebrate the holiday season through the eyes of a 5 and 1 year old is truly magical. It is kinda like walking into Disney World and seeing your daughters face at first sight of the Princess Castle. Ahhh...what a feeling.

We have shopped, wrapped, gifted, received, opened, played, organized new with the old, played, and played some more. And even though our decorations are packed away until next year (I HAD to take advantage of the 55 degree weather and the time off), our memories are just as vivid as if they happened this morning. We cannot thank our family and friends enough for taking the time out of their hectic schedules to help us celebrate Christmas 2011. We treasure every minute spent together and considering how fast this year went by, I am sure it will feel like no time has passed and we are doing it all again.

Here are a few sights of our past few weeks. Having spent the last few weeks living in the moment I am sure I will spend the next weeks reflecting upon all the memories. As my thoughts continue to stream through my head, I will try and share them through the blog. Until then...enjoy the pictures.

A short lived attempt at seeing Santa - who would have thought the line would have been that long.  Not worth it this year even though we know that we would have captured the money "crying" shot of Jake.



Celebrating with Jo/Nana, Chad, Melissa, and Ava.




Celebrating with Sandy and Opal Ann

Celebrating with my mom and Bob





Celebrating with Aunt Granny and Uncle Pal




Making our final preparations for Santa on Christmas Eve

Christmas morning - "he came mommy, he really came"



Christmas breakfast at Judd and Jen's.  Jake was a little more awake and enjoyed his 1st powdered sugar doughnut.  I think he liked it.
Serious concentration for a game of Mario Cart
Christmas afternoon at Chad and Melissa's.  The adults got in on the action too!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: