Thursday, August 18, 2011

She loves it

From tears of sadness to tears of joy, our little girl grew up this week.

After a long 1st day, Kate went to bed Wednesday telling Ryan that she was most looking forward to riding the bus on Thursday. And on Thursday morning she was true to her word. She ran up the bus stairs with a smile on her face and waved good-bye to her Daddy holding on to that big smile. I missed the early morning action but was able to get home in time to hear all about the big bus ride that included a ride next to our neighbor, Grace. I asked what they talked about and she said Grace didn't say much but they laughed at the 2 "punch buggy's" they saw next to them on the road.

As of tonight, her favorite part of the day is sitting in Ms. Pardon's classroom. She also thought it was super cool that her new friend, Caroline, had fruit snacks for snack too. She named a few of her other new friends and even asked her Daddy how you braid cornrolls. Wow...I wish I could bottle up our precious conversations each night.

Thank you everyone for checking in on us during this special time. I can't help but wonder what Jake's transition to kindergarten is going to be like. I can guarantee it is probably not going to be this traumatic.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It is amazing how traumatic and exciting and eye-opening it is for me. I'm starting a new blog to talk about my experiences as a mother and a teacher on this journey. I would love it if your mom would write a post for me. http://theteachermother.blogspot.com/

ACs first day is Wednesday. I'd love to talk in person this week about it all!!!

Anonymous said...

Whitney,

I know what you mean about bottling the cute-isms. Thanks for checking in with us. We are totally fine and our power just came back. We had a screen free morning!!!

Love,
Janet