Several months ago we decided Chicago would be the site of our summer girls getaway in hopes that we could visit our friend Breagel as he was scheduled to be home at his parents by the end of July. Unfortunately a handful of setbacks in his health delayed his return home so we were unable to help him get acquainted to his new living arrangements. Our tickets were already purchased and our room already booked...so we went for it anyway. I guess this just means we'll have to make another trip back to see you Breags!
We have laughed for weeks now on the adaptation of our girls weekends. Several years ago our weekends were anything but relaxing. Fast forward 11 years since the start of it all and our girls trips are now an actual relaxation! This trip included several firsts including exercise, sight seeing (beyond the local bar scene), and even a subway ride.
We shared a ton of laughs that I am sure will carry on for years to come. Before I left I was explaining to Kate why it is so important to have a group of girlfriends that you can always count of for a good laugh, the sharing of some good food and drinks, and of course, a soft shoulder to cry on when needed. Not all of us could attend this year but we made the most of it! I love all my girls and look so forward to the next get away. Here are some pictures courtesey of Jessica. Check out her blog to get even more:
http://ciaofromjessicac.blogspot.com/

2 comments:
Looks fabulous!!! You and all your girls look beautiful and so happy!! What a fun group!!! :)
Thank you Sarah. It is hard to believe we have been doing these trips since 1999.
Love to you and the family!
Post a Comment