Our friends/family may state otherwise but in all actualilty, I don't really feel life has changed that much with the addition of Jake. Yes, it definitely takes the 2 of us to divide and conquor; I guess it is just more managable than ever expected. That is, of course, until 2 illnesses strike us in 1 week. At the time of my last post, Kate had just overcome strep throat and then Jake gave us a little scare with croup. He woke up at 1130 pm one night, gasping for air and letting out a sound that sounded more like a seal bark than anything human. This sound was all too familiar as Kate had croup around 1; however, her breathing was never severe enough to make a visit to the ER. After monitoring him for 15 minutes or so, we realized that a visit to the ER was the inevitable. So off he and Ryan headed. Lucky for us, Kosairs Children Hospital just built a brand new, state of the art facility right by our house. In place of an 8 hour wait time, which is typical for the hospital downtown, Jake was seen by the doctor and had received his 1st breathing treatment within 10 minutes of walking in the door. A few doses of steroid, a little suctioning, a little oxygen, and lots of love by the staff, they arrived back at home around 330 a.m. Whew. Their experience was so good that I wrote a letter to the staff, thanking them for all they provided Jake that night! As nice as it was, lets hope there isn't another visit anytime soon!
Here are a few pictures of Jake with his at home breathing treatment. He handled it like a champ.

1 comment:
oh no!!! I'm so sorry. AC had the croup this week, too:( so glad your ER was nice....I totally applaud you on the blogging realization. I'm having that with working out and trying to feel ok if I only work out 2 x a week! :) i love you and your kiddos (and the daddy that takes him to the ER in the middle of the night:)
Post a Comment