Last weekend was a big weekend for Kate! Last week we got an email from Aunt Granny inviting us to UK's 1st basketball game. We thought about the logistics and decided that it would be best if just Ryan and Kate made the trip to Lexington on Friday after work to attend the game with Aunt Granny. Jake and I would make the most of a night together her in Louisville (Christmas shopping anyone?). We told Kate on Monday and she talked about this event every waking minute for 4 days. On Thursday night she got her cheerleader outfit together and wore it with great pride to school on Friday.
Since Ryan and Kate were making the trip by themselves, he picked her up and I picked Jake up. We arrived at the same time and as I walked into her classroom, I saw her crying. Her teacher said that she had tried so hard all day to keep her outfit clean. As they were walking in from the playground late Friday afternoon, she tripped and got grass stain on her outfit. The flood gates opened as she was so disappointed to dirty her dress. Sad but cute all at the same time!

As Janet can attest, the 3 of them had a blast at the game. Kate was a trooper and lasted almost the whole game. I am not sure if she liked the basketball game or the "daddy's kind of dinner" better. I am sure they did not share all the junk food they ate with me but this is what I was told: peanuts, M&M's, and a Sprite. Ah...pure heaven for a little girl and her daddy.
2 comments:
So fun!!!! What a lucky little girl to get to go to that game!!!
I know that "pull at your heart strings" humor when AC gets so upset about something. Kate looked precious, and i didn't see any grass stain. I love the family pictures. You all look great and you are so beautiful!!!
And speaking of daddy type of dinner, I went out with girlfriends last night and BJ and AC made "pigs in a blanket." ha! :)
Love you girl!
Wouldn't Great Grandmother Corky loved to have seen beautiful Kate in her UK cheerleading outfit sitting there in those special seats? Maybe she did...
Hope Jake did not get my nasty cold on top of his nasty croup history. My time with him was certainly a real birthday and Thanksgiving treat! Thank you!
Post a Comment