
I am so thankful when we have slow weekends! Friday we were fortunate enough to get a few minutes of Jennifer and Casey's time and meet their new little girl...Lucy Ryan Kaufman! She was sweet as can be and John Riley is a great big brother so far! Thank you to the Kaufman's for letting us come meet Lucy! She is precious!
As you can see in some of the pictures, Kate had the 2008 Summer

Olympics at her school on Friday. We were not able to attend but from the looks of the program, certificate, gold medal, and new hat...they had a ball. Kate's "event" was the Egg in the Spoon Race! As she said herself, "I dropped it Mommy". Needless to say, she may not be the best Egg Racer but at least she had fun. She was on Team Black, which might explain the all black outfit! I hope the pictures capture her pure joy on Friday.
It was great seeing Jo on Saturday night! She was nice enough to come up for a visit and watch Kate while Ryan and I enjoyed a great sushi dinner! Kate has been missing her Nana ever since so we will have to plan another visit soon. We also got a short but good visit in with The Barbers! I didn't grab any pictures so we will have to get together soon so I can take some pics of Whitney and William.
Enjoy the pics...
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneymardis/2008OlympicsAndPottyTraininghttp://picasaweb.google.com/whitneymardis/LucyRyanKaufman
1 comment:
Of course, it is always my joy to be around Kate; she was surely the world's most perfect little girl on Saturday night, and I questioned how you could ever suggest she might be going through the terible 2's. The next morning was a reminder that parents know more than doting grandmothers--I did see a tad (just a tad, now)of needing our undivided attention! I'm referring to the mysterious sore knee incident!! It was great you had the Mr. Shark band-aids to take her mind off her misery--I see I need to invest in a box of those magic-workers.
I forgot to bring the old potty back but will get it soon, hopefully. Have a great week and get "ready for some football"--I can't believe the football season is right around the corner. But what fun!
Had a good time on my Sunday "date" but am not feeling that he will be a "keeper"--not enough commonalities or parallels in our lives. Tell Kate I know I should have spend my Sun. morning taking her for a long wagon ride or looking at the zoo animals with her! Hope you all had a good time if you went.
Thanks, as always, for the wonderful pictures. It was good to get to know sweet little Lucy as well. And what a great name--Lucy Ryan! I like that...
Post a Comment