Saturday, Ryan and I ran a 5K with Ryan's mom, Jo! Even though it was a little chilly, it felt great to walk/run several miles. Kate enjoyed the stroll with her Nana. After the race, Ryan and I enjoyed a wonderful afternoon at the Thoroughbred Club with 12 of our dearest friends! We actually bet this time and ended up about $40 ahead by the end of the day! With only betting about $20, we feel pretty lucky! Since we were lucky enough to have Jo watch Kate on Saturday night, Ryan and I stayed the night with The Schillings and enjoyed a night of good food and wine with all of our friends! It was wonderful to see everyone and look forward to the fall meet so we can do it again!
I hope you enjoy the pictures from Friday. I am not sure how many pictures Ryan took on Saturday but I will try and post them when I get the chance! Have a wondeful week!
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneymardis/ChuckECheese?authkey=W864o0g8dRk

3 comments:
John Riley and Kate certainly did enjoy Chucky Cheese, and it sounds like the parents may enjoy it more in the future, with the addition to the menu!
I also had a super time with you and Kate this week-end. The walk/run was a tad chilly but for a good cause. Kate was a big hit with all the folks at work and were impressed that I finished before some of the younger employees even when I was pushing the stroller. Thanks for coming to help me there at the end!
Glad you all had such a good visit with your friends! And I had such a nice visit with you and Kate. Thanks so much for one of my favorite breakfasts too-pancakes with cherries!! Yum, yum!
Can't wait 'til the 25th and my next baby-sitting stint. Hope you got your voice back in time for work, Ryan!
Rarely do I get a chance to check your blog but I want to just tell you how nice it is to be able to see Kate and the rest of the family when I want. Whitney, you are so organized and on top of it! No doubt these skills transfer to the job and no doubt you and Ryan have great futures! So happy for you and your little family. So, when does baby Kate get a sister so we can start calling her sister Kate? :-)
Judd and I thought about Keeneland but just doesn't happen without babysitters. Sorry we missed you this weekend. Maybe soon we can all get together. Oh, and next time, have Nana Jo invite us to the 5k....I know I need to get out there and work on my "bikini" physic. ;-)
For certain we will have a party next month to celebrate Sawyer's 4th Birthday and we are planning on having it outside again. The playhouse is ready!
Much love,
Aunt Jen
Hey girl! How much fun did the kids have! Love to see them smiling and the parents hanging at Chuck E Cheese Baby!
Love love love, Jess
Post a Comment