Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another fun filled weekend


Happy Sunday! I hope this posting finds everyone doing well! We have had a wonderful week...filled with lots of sun and playing outside! Kate is really enjoying her tricycle even though it is still a little big! Hopefully by the end of summer it will fit just perfectly! Yesterday, Ryan and I worked most of the day in the yard trying to get it cleaned up for summer. We had some problems with the drainage of our sump pumb and therefore had to dig up a large part of the yard to fix the pipes. We reseeded the yard and Kate was a big help in laying the hay over the new seed!

Ryan and I were planning on running the Derby City 1/2 Marathon yesterday but we both ended up dropping out due to different reasons. I was right on par for my training up until the past several weeks, which ended up being over-consumed with travel and interviewing. After thinking about it I decided it would be best to just wait until next year to do it again! Kate and I are now running partners, which she thoroughly enjoys! Ryan was ready to go and then pulled his groin on Thursday night! What a bummer because the weather ended up being perfect for the race...~58 degrees and overcast! I guess there is always next year!

We are off to see a Louisville Bats game with the Wiggins' this afternoon so I will post some more pictures later. There are a few pictures from Friday night where we met the Wiggins' at their country club for a little play time and quick dinner. Kate and Luke should have a blast today at the game!!!

Take care and much love!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nanajo said...

Sorry to hear that the Derby City race did not work out for either one of you, but, as you say, there's always next year! Hope Ryan is feeling better and that the bulk of your traveling and interviews is over. I missed not seeing you all and Kate but took my mind off my misery with the car situation to work in the yard as well. That is always good therapy for me. And it will be fun to see Ava on Friday--haven't seen her since her birthday. She'll keep me buzzing around and from dwelling on less pleasant things!

Hope you had a good time at the L'Ville Bats game and that the rain held off until it was over. I watched some of the Reds' game and some of the NFL draft. Can't believe we've now got 2 UK QB's up in New York with Eli Manning!

Have a great week--mine will start with running in and out of car repair shops, but maybe then the car woes will be over for awhile! Hope your sump pump problems are a thing of the past as well.

As always, thanks for all the wonderful pictures of Kate and your life there. It makes me feel connected...

Love and hugs to all.