As for the birthday parties, we helped Luke celebrate his 2nd birthday party on Saturday and Kate had a big time playing with Luke, Amelia, Davis, Sam, and Maddux! She showed she can hang with the best of them by lasting over 4 hours with no tears! What an accomplishment.
On Sunday, we drove to Winchester to help Ava celebrate her 1st birthday! The little champ has already started walking and has accomplished a pretty steady gait! She really enjoyed the cake along with all the attention that comes with celebrating a 1st birthday! Kate enjoyed seeing her cousin and hopes she enjoys her 1st pair of crocks!
As for work, Ryan and I have been busy working on promotional opportunities within UPS and Abbott respectively. Ryan received good news this week that he is to be full time within the next week or so! He is staying in the finance and accounting side of UPS but will take on a little more responsibility that comes with being full time. The hours will not change much since he was already working 35-40 hours/week but the pay will increase! I could not be more proud of all the work he has done to move up the ladder in record time. I have also been pursuing a few opportunites including a training position as well as a management position. I interviewed this week for a management position and it went as well as it possibly could have! It is an extreme long-shot because I am not fully qualified but I am very pleased with how things went and look forward to continue in my pursuit to manage a team of sales representatives. I won't hear anything until mid-April due to meetings within Abbott but I promise to keep you posted on any news that I receive.
I hope this explains the lack of posting this week! I will try and post a few pictures from Easter and will keep in touch over the blog from Dallas/Chicago this next week!
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneymardis/BathtimeWDaddyAndAvaS1stBirthday

1 comment:
What a busy week! What good news! Congratulations to both of you as you climb the "corporate" ladder--the ladder, anyway...
I am equally proud of both your professional accomplishments. Of course, the absolute best of your accomplishments would be Kate! And what fun in the bath tub! I can hear her laughing now. It must have been quite the sight, as well as experience, to have her dad in there with her!
She was also as sweet as could be at Ava's birthday party (sounds like she's had a lot of experience though). Ryan, you captured some good shots of Ava with her cute "wrinkled-nose look"--the party was great, and it was good to have you three there to share it.
Hope you have a wonderful Easter week-end. I look forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment