Hello everyone! As always, I hope this post finds everyone doing well! We are slowly digging ourselves out of 10 inches of snow here in Louisville! It all started Friday morning and of course I was stuck in Chicago. Kate's school closed at noon so Ryan and Kate spent most of Friday afternoon outside playing in the ~6 inches that fell. Fortunately I made it home late Friday night/early Saturday morning so I too got to enjoy the additional 4-5 inches that fell yesterday. And as you can see from the pictures, Brooks and Cooper both enjoyed romping around in the snow.
At the last minute, we ventured over to the Kaufman's to enjoy an hour or so of John Riley's 2nd birthday party. Kate, along with all the other kids, enjoyed playing with John's new toys, including his scooter, tricycle, and Tonka dump truck. We all enjoyed a surprise visit by Courtney and her sweet baby girl Sophie. Too bad the roads were so bad and we couldn't spend more time together. Another thing we missed was the great UK win today against Florida. We were graciously invited by my aunt and uncle to go to the game but decided it would be more trouble than we needed to get into to try and make our way to Lexington. Instead, we got to watch the Cats win the final game of the season from here on our cozy couches. Ryan actually ended up getting a call late last night to go into work early this morning to help with the back-up at UPS related to the snow.
Well, I hope you enjoy the pictures! We sure enjoyed the snow this weekend but are looking forward to the warmer weather on its way this week! Take care and have a wonderful week!
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneymardis/SnowDayAndJohnRileySBdayMarch2008
At the last minute, we ventured over to the Kaufman's to enjoy an hour or so of John Riley's 2nd birthday party. Kate, along with all the other kids, enjoyed playing with John's new toys, including his scooter, tricycle, and Tonka dump truck. We all enjoyed a surprise visit by Courtney and her sweet baby girl Sophie. Too bad the roads were so bad and we couldn't spend more time together. Another thing we missed was the great UK win today against Florida. We were graciously invited by my aunt and uncle to go to the game but decided it would be more trouble than we needed to get into to try and make our way to Lexington. Instead, we got to watch the Cats win the final game of the season from here on our cozy couches. Ryan actually ended up getting a call late last night to go into work early this morning to help with the back-up at UPS related to the snow.
Well, I hope you enjoy the pictures! We sure enjoyed the snow this weekend but are looking forward to the warmer weather on its way this week! Take care and have a wonderful week!
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneymardis/SnowDayAndJohnRileySBdayMarch2008
1 comment:
What great memories! What great pictures! Kate was adorable in the snow, and it looked like Brooks and Cooper got to really enjoy it too! I especially loved the little audio section--stomp, stomp!!
That was a beautiful shot of your house in the snow; as I said, you made a wonderful memory (even though I'm sure there were some negative aspects of it) out of the big snow in early 2008. We had only a few inches in Lexington and Berea, and the sun has melted most of it today. But that was enough for me! A little snow goes as long way as far as I am concerned.
A great win for the Cats! What a nailbiter. Know you hated that you had to miss it, and I hated to miss seeing you all. Hope it all works out so you can come to Ava's first birthday party this next Sunday--in Winchester at MomMom's house. Speaking of birthdays, I loved Kate and John Riley's kiss! She seemed to enjoy playing with his new scooter too! Happy birthday to the cute little fellow!
Love to all of you...
Post a Comment