Saturday, March 29, 2008

Good-bye Dallas...Hello Chicago

No pictures this time...sorry! I am sitting here in Chicago, enjoying a hot cup of coffee after a run on Lakeshore Trail! What a great Saturday morning. I am trying to make the best of being by myself after a long week in Dallas! Ryan and Kate were going to try and come up for a fun day in the city this afternoon but the logistics just didn't work out. Therefore, he is taking Kate to her Nana's house for a little break for himself. What a trooper he has been...9 days by himself, working and taking care of Kate solo. I have the easy part when I am away because I am always so busy that it keeps my mind occupied. This week/weekend I am here in Chicago to work the American College of Cardiology conference. It is a very exciting time for Abbott as we were just in Dallas launching a new drug so there is a lot of buzz about it here in Chicago. The conference doesn't start until later today so I am off to sight-see and window shop. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will post more pictures when I get back to Louisville!

3 comments:

Nanajo said...

I know you are enjoying the professional aspect of your nine days away from Kate (and Ryan), but I'm sure it's tough being away from your family that long. Kate was a sweetheart this week-end, and we had a wonderful time with the absolute minimum of tears. There was NO fussing. The most crying came when Daddy came this afternoon, awakened her from her nap, and then left for a minute to go to the bathroom. She was defintely not ready for him to be out of her sight.

And she was glued to my computer screen last night as we went through all my pictures and she eagerly looked for Mama, calling out MAMA with glee each time she spotted you in a shot. I think YOU will not be able to be out of her sight once you get back!

I enjoyed my little visits with Ryan too and look forward to next week-end seeing the three of you again. It'll be good to have even more Kate-time! How lucky I am!

And we are all so proud of you! What great news about your (potential new) job--you and Abbott have been such a perfect combination. Life has a way of working things out (even for the better!) when things don't go exactly the way we planned/wanted.

Whitney said...

Jo...you sure know how to make me feel better! This is the longest I have been away from Kate and Ryan and I am starting to get quite homesick! At least I know now it is only a few more days. I am so glad you got a good visit with Kate on Saturday. I hope she got a chance to see Coco. We look forward to seeing you Saturday morning! Thank you again for coming to Ryan's rescue and giving him a days break! He has been such a trooper!

Jessica Cietek said...

Whit, I'm sure being gone has been tiring. Like you said, you are so distracted when you are traveling but still become homesick. I understand what you mean. I hope you find a big hug and kiss from Kate and Ryan when you get home. I look forward to seeing you next month and really psyched about seeing Kate!