
Hello everyone! I hope this posting finds you all doing well. Ryan and I just got back after a few days in Ellsworth, MI with some of our dear friends, the Moyer's and the Wiggins's! It was a week filled with great fun, including time spent snowmobiling, skiing at Boyne Mountain, and eating and drinking at a few hole-in-the-wall pubs in neighboring towns. The week started off pretty rough for me due to an obligation I had to be in Chicago on Tuesday for work. We thought it was going to work out just perfectly for me to drive from Chicago to Ellsworth on Tuesday but a snowstorm quickly brought those plans to an abrupt halt. After taking me 8 hours to get to Chicago on Monday night, leaving behind 5 inches of snow in Louisville, Chicago got hit again Tuesday with snow and ice, resulting in another 8 hour drive to only end up about 3 hours from Chicago in St. Josephs, MI. Lucikly I was able to find a hotel to rest for the night and then took on the rough roads again early Wednesday morning. I finally made it to Ellsworth around 2:30 on Wednesday afternoon! I don't think I have ever been so relieved to be off the roads. In the attached link of pictures, the first few shots are of the roads and of me in a complete state of delirium after 16 hours of driving in 2 days...and only being 1/2 way to Ellsworth! There is also a picture of Ryan and myself at the boyne Mountain Lodge (with the big clock behind us), which is where we skiied on Thursday. There are also some pictures of all of us at Bay Harbor, which is known for its beautiful homes on the harbor, which you can see in the background. Lastly, there are several pictures of our friends house, quaintly named Big Fish Lodge! The scenery was breathtaking! I spent most of the week in complete amazement on just how much snow could fall in one week! Needless to say, it was a wonderful get away and we look forward to visiting Big Fish Lodge again soon! For now, we are anxiously waiting for Kate to wake up so we can snuggle with her all day on Sunday!
I hope you enjoy the pictures from our vacation and from a quick visit with my mom and Bob last weekend!!!
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneymardis/SkiTripFeb2008http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneymardis/QuickVisitWithSueSueP.S. - THANK YOU a million times over Nana for allowing Ryan and I to get away for a few days! I know Kate really enjoyed all the special attention she received from you! Ryan and I truly appreciate all that you do for us!!!
3 comments:
I think, Whitney, you might remember the horrible snow and ice conditions that you found on the way to Ellsworth more than you remember the good times in the snow once you got there! I'm glad I didn't know the worst of your story. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
I have not had much energy to do anything much this afternoon--just keep hoping I didn't give this cold to Kate or that I left any potent remnants of it behind. That's the good thing with babies though--they love you in spite of runny noses, sneezes, and red and drippy eyes. We had a wonderful time together with a minimum of snits. Not to be gross or anything, I'm sure there were more snots that snits. But, mostly, there was just fun and great memories.
Have a great week! I know you're both happy to be home, even if one of you happens to be another year older!
Whitney,
You are so photogenic, even in a state of delirium. Hope Kate didn't catch the snits and snots.
Love,
Janet
Thanks for the compliment Janet! I sure did not feel very pretty at that time! Luckily Kate did not get sick from her Nana...just the usual 'day care snot' as we like to say!
Post a Comment