Sunday, February 19, 2012

Somehow we always seem to make it work

Basketball has been a success!  We are over 1/2 way through the season and Kate seems to love it.  It melted Ryan's heart the other day when she said, "Daddy, do you remember when I didn't even want to play basketball and now I love it".  Ahh...music to our ears!

We challenged ourselves at the start of the new year that Kate must be active in 2 additional activities besides school.  We had to 1st adjust to Kindergarten, which was a little harder than expected on us, not her.  She has flourished in both activities, enjoying basketball and quickly learning "Twinkle, Twinkle" on the guitar.  And somehow we have managed the additions to our schedule.

Here is a picture of The Mavericks.  We wrap up basketball in early March and will be on to swimming.  She is planning to take some swim lessons to learn the right strokes so she can swim for the Y this summer.  Since she loves guitar, we are continuing with that every Friday night.  I have a video I will try and post of her mastering "Twinkle, Twinkle".  We promised her that if she practiced it 3 times every night we would video her to post on the blog!  We had back to back lessons this weekend due to a cancellation last week and her teacher seems impressed with her skills.  I am sure he says that to every parent but she makes us proud.


Addendum: Just when I think we have it all together, Kate and I arrive at her basketball game an hour early today.  We had it all planned out and everything.  As soon as Jake when down for his nap, she and I headed to the gym so I could get my 4 miles in (not motivated to run in the cold today) and we then headed straight to her practice/game, clocking in 5 minutes early.  As we sat in the bleachers surveying the floor for any navy blue shirts, I double checked my calendar and sure enough, the game was at 3:00, not 2:00.  I guess that is what happens when you blog about your confidence in "making it work".  It took us 6 months to adjust to Kindergarten and I guess we need a few more weeks to adjust to the extra-curricular activities. :)

No comments: