Sunday, February 19, 2012

A typical Saturday night

This weekend has been very laid back...just the way we like it around here! After a day full of errands, haircuts, and an extra guitar lesson, we wrapped up the evening with an extra long bath and lots of rough-housing thanks to dad. We have transitioned them to their new bathroom (more pics to follow) but decided a Saturday night bath is worthy of the big tub. Jake's new trick is to stand at one end of the tub and do a belly flop into the water, making as big of a splash as possible. He can't do this in his tub so needless to say, he was excited to see that he was taking a bath in our bathtub. He also loves to mimic anything his big sister does, including sticking his face right into the water. The bathroom floor got an extra mopping with all the water but it was worth it. I can only imagine what this summer will be like in the pool. I anticipate 100% of all pictures taken this summer will include a lifejacket on Jake.

After the bath, the kids got a little extra playtime riding horse for at least 30 minutes. Jake was little hesitant at 1st but loved it by the end. Enjoy the pictures. We (at least I do) feel relaxed after a low key weekend.
















Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

nanajo said...

The kids are having a wonderful time, but I'm left wondering if Ryan will survive to enjoy his next birthday!! Just kidding, of course. What a fabulous Saturday night's activities for a family to share! Loved the formal pix of the kids from their Y events and can't wait for a video of Twinkle, Twinkle although I already know Kate plays her guitar super well!

Whitney said...

It may be a few before we can size the video down to post it. I will try to as soon as possible.