Sunday, October 30, 2011

We've been "boo-ed"

Monday night we will get to enjoy the annual Fox Harbor Halloween Party. If you refer back to the blog one year ago, you will note that we are quite fond of this neighborhood celebration. I believe this party was reason #1021 of why we love living in our new house and don't mind a bit paying our $40 annual association fee. We are all anticipating the fun about to occur: tons of kids games, a mile of jam packed trick-or-treating, and a golf cart full of adult beverages! We have tried on our costumes and Kate looks super cute in her Wonder Woman costume; however, Jake was not so fond of looking like a horse. This resulted in switching to plan B - his new doctor's scrubs, courtsey of Miss Shirley. The doctor's kit we found at Kroger today should be a good addition to his costume.

I have been quite under the weather the past 9 days but hope to be back on my game by tomorrow night. Considering this is my favorite month, you can imagine how upset I have been that a little illness has consumed my past 2 weekends. Last weekend I was homebound after starting to feel achy and popping a 102 fever on Saturday. This lead to my 1st sick day in over 5 years as I could not generate enough energy to drive to Indiana on Sunday evening. Much less, I don't think my rep would have been too happy with the sharing of my germs. What we now know was the flu developed into bronchitis and then mild pneumonia, has resulted in 9 days of feeling ill and 5 sleepless nights. We had plans this weekend to tailgate, which were quickly adjusted after my visit to the doctor on Friday night. Instead, Ryan and Kate made the trip to Lexington as Jake and I took it easy, only leaving the house for the necessary trip to Target to get some tights and a turtleneck for Kate's costume. Otherwise, we played in the playroom for hours on end and caught up on some much needed rest, sleep, and even a movie or 2. Kate was thrilled with the day/night with her cousins, Jake loved on his mommy, and Ryan got in a little friend time. I guess you could say it was still a successful weekend. Here is to a much better week ahead.

A fun new tradition popped up on our door step several days ago. On a typical Wednesday evening, we were busy getting the kiddos ready for bed. Right a dusk, we had a surprise visitor, who dropped off a pumpkin full of candy! They were too quick in their escape that we only caught the tail lights of the get-away car. That weekend we had to navigate around the neighborhood in effort to find a house that had not been boo-ed. We luckily found 2 and left them these wonderfully packed pumpkins. Kate loved the "ring and run" aspect of the game, enjoying a thrilling drive down Fox Harbor Road in the front seat of daddy's car! The 2 made a great pair for an exciting neighborhood game. Have I said how much I love this time of year?








Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jessica Cietek said...

So sad you were sick. Take care of you!!!

Love to get booed!

Whitney said...

Thanks girl. It ended up getting worse...I cracked a rib from coughing so much. Didn't know that was possible. 2 weeks under the weather but finally getting my wits about me!