Sunday, October 2, 2011

Friendship

I know the picture is not of the best quality but it represents a wonderful new chapter in our lives. Ryan and I had one of those moments today where we realized we were in the same room while both kids were in another, and it had been at least 15 minutes without any interruptions or requests for playtime.

Kate and Jake are now friends. Of course they cannot fully relate to one another; but they enjoy chasing each other and playing with a few toys (balls, golf clubs, etc); they are able to entertain each other. I have often wondered what this day would feel like.

The photo also represents a new chapter in Kate's life...reading. She is doing a fantastic job learning 10+ new words a week and reading 8-12 page books by herself. This has allowed her the opportunity to read to Jake 1 or 2 nights a week. What a wonderful sight.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh!!!! That is amazing that she is learning so many words. What is the program? I'm doing the BOB books with Anna Cate because I was not happy with the rate she was improving at school. And I LOVE THE PICTURE and the newfound friendship for your two kids. I see it in our household and I treasure it so much. Molly talks about Sissy all the time and they are so sweet to each other, unless of course when Molly bites the hell out of AC or AC tackles Molly with a shin grab. ha

nanajo said...

Wonderful, wonderful picture of Kate and Jake--hopefully a glimpse into the future when they will both be avid readers with big imaginations to paint their own backdrop to the words! Reading does that! Kudos to Kate for doing so well with her reading lessons, and great that Jake can take advantage too. Building a relationship with Sis and learning to love books at the same time!

Whitney said...

We are only doing what the school provides...I am not sure of the program name. We get 3 books each Tuesday night with the plan to read 1/night - 3 times through. I am sure the additional would be beneficial!