Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cornmaze, Grant's birthday & YMCA Fall Festival

So many events in October is has been hard to keep up. I guess that is why this is always my favorite time of year. First, I will explain a few of the pics...the one to the left is Kate dressed up as a princess. It was "Princess & Pirate's week" at school and on Friday, everone had to dress up either as a princess or a pirate. Since we already had Kate's costume, we made do with what we had in her dress up bin. She was so proud and too cute for words! The other picture in the attachment is her actually costume...a 'nice' witch! We will be wearing that a few times this week for some Halloween events so I am sure there will be MANY more pictures of it!

We were out of town most of last weekend, which explains the lack of postings. Ryan and I made the trip to Lexington last Saturday for a few events: Bluegrass Gymnastics reunion, Keeneland, and Melissa's 40th birthday. I remembered my camera but forgot the battery. I would normally blame this on 'pregnancy brain'; however, I don't know if my brain ever really returned from the 1st pregnancy :) One of the girls I did gymnastics with at Bluegrass gathered up a group of us for a reunion. It was incredible seeing so many of the girls I spent 40+ hours a week with in my junior high/highschool years. A big thank you goes out to Robin for organizing the entire event. Afterwards, we met a group of our friends out at the Thoroughbred Club for a few hours and then a great dinner at Baker's 360! Exhausting but fun!

Sunday, we headed to Winchester to help wish Melissa (our sister-in-law) a happy 40th! It was great of her family to host us for lunch! Happy belated birthday Melissa!

This weekend was jam packed too! At least I was able to get a good nap in Saturday. Right after work, Kate and I headed to Harrodsburg and met my mom, Bob, Judd, Jenn, Sawyer, Cam, Kara, Jo, and Tripp at the Cornmaze! This place was amazing. It was dark before we got there so we didn't get to enjoy the 10+ acre Cornmaze, which supposedly takes 45+ minutes to get all the way through. In stead, we enjoyed the slide, petting zoo, marshmallow roast, and hay ride! It was great to see everyone, especially Kara, who only has 10 weeks or so left until #2 arrives! Kate enjoyed playing with the girls and Tripp and we both enjoyed a little R&R at my mom's! Kate had a big time Saturday morning helping PeePaw cook breakfast...it was delicious! Ryan was busy training for his marathon and got a 13 mile run in with Jon on Friday night! He, Jon and April went out for dinner but puttered out on staying out for drinks afterwards due to the exhausting run.

Later on Saturday, we all helped Grant ring in his 3rd birthday. I was on camera duty with Ann's new camera during some of the party so I didn't get many pics myself! I will try and steal some of hers from her facebook page!


Today, we had the Fall Festival at Kate's school! It was great watching Kate play with some of her school friends! There is a great picture of Kate and one of her main teachers, Miss Tammy, attached! She just lights up whenever she sees any of her teachers! What a great feeling!

I hope everyone has a great week! We have a few Halloween activities this week so it should be fun. I am on jury duty so hopefully I will survive all the action. The only good part of jury duty is that it keeps me in Louisville. I have been in either Cincinnati or Lexington every work day in October, which I think may be contributing to me feeling a little more tired than I should at 18+ weeks! Therefore, bring on some jury duty :)
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneymardis/CornmazeGrantSBirthdayFallFestival##

No comments: