Thanksgiving is always a wonderful time of reflection of the year's past events. With all the chaos that life brings it seems there is very little time in a day, month, or year to stop and just say "thank you". Despite being far better at 'living in the moment' this year versus year's past, it remains nice to spend a relaxing weekend with the people you love most and stop to take a really deep breath.
We are thankful beyond words for our health and happiness. This year has been far more rewarding than I can rightfully put in words. I am thankful for Ryan's patience and love, Kate's willingness to work hard and her independent spirit, and for Jake's smile and never ending energy that keeps us young.
The middle of November brought some significant change to our lives. Much to my surprise, my company shut the doors to our division on the 16th. We had 1 week's notice and were done! Yep, in the corporate world, it can be that simple. The change has been exceptionally hard because 1) it was totally unexpected and 2) I loved my job and the people I worked with. The opportunity at Luitpold presented itself last year and was even more rewarding than I expected. Through the process I uncovered how to hire good people and how much I love working for a small to medium size company. The company's decision to close the division's doors was not in my control and I can only reflect upon what I am going to do moving forward. There is a lot of opportunity out there, it is just a matter of figuring out what I want to do. After quite a bit of self reflection and more than a few long walks around the neighborhood, I have come to realize that I am quite fatigued on my current role. I am ready for something different and am willing to be patient to find the right fit. Again, this plays back to my thankfulness for Ryan's patience! I am using this time to get a few more snuggles with Kate and Jake as well as reflect upon my next career step and search for the right fit. I am also grudgingly cramming a little extra studying for the GMAT...ugh. In the end, with change comes opportunity and I am so thankful that change has presented itself once again! I love change but am only used to calculated change - like always having a 6 month, 2 year and 5 year plan.
With the chaos of losing our computer and then buying our Christmas present (a new computer) a little early, I have slacked on taking a lot of pictures. Here is a reflection of the past few weeks:
Ryan and I thoroughly enjoyed our season tickets to the UK football games. Yes, they only had 2 wins but the true enjoyment came from getting to spend 4 uninterrupted hours with my husband. Ahhh...
Pictures like this NEVER get old. I can just hear them laughing through this picture.
Kate and I recently enjoyed a wonderful night at Sue-Sue's! We visited her at Winburn and then headed to Harrodsburg for our sleepover. We searched 3 spots for a new set of UNO cards but it was worth it in the end.
Of course we've had a few more playdates.
And last but not least, we took Jake to his first UK basketball game! I think his favorite part was the Peanut M&M's! Jake got a little restless toward the end of the 2nd half (as you can tell by the blurry pics) but we made it until the end! Thank you Aunt Granny and Uncle Pal for the tickets. We combined the trip to Lexington with a visit with Sarah, Stephen, Sam and Stella as well as my mom and Bob.
I am off to study and do a little more prep work for this week. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I look forward to updating the blog a little more frequent these next few weeks.










1 comment:
I love you and your family Whitney and am so proud of you! It takes true spirit to evaluate life and always have a heart toward opportunity, challenge and most importantly gratitude. you are such an inspiration.
Post a Comment