Friday, April 13, 2012

Enjoying the small things

Visiting Kelle Hampton's "Enjoying the Small Things" blog (link to the right of this page) is one of my most favorite ways to spend 10 minutes each morning while I enjoy my 1st sip of coffee.  Since I am an early riser, my goal is to get up an hour or more before anyone else is stirring and enjoy a cup of coffee and check in with a few of my favorite news sites and blogs.  I don't allow myself to spend more than 10 minutes as I know how quickly time can slip away.

Even though Kelle and I have never corresponded her words always seem to resonate, no matter the situation.  With the hecticness of a family, a house, and a career, it is hard to always remember to stop and enjoy even the smallest of moments.  As I was looking back at the pictures of March, I found that we did in fact, even though I didn't blog about it at the moment, stop and enjoy many small moments.  At this time in our lives, the small things often consist of swinging on a swingset, blowing and popping bubbles, enjoying a picnic lunch and/or dinner, and visiting with neighbors in the court while listening to our children laugh and play.  Just today, as I tried to balance an extremely hectic workday with Kate at home, we still managed to get 30 minutes to ourselves with a picnic lunch, a blanket, and a little sunshine.

My goal this spring is to continue stop and enjoy the moment.  Here are some moments we enjoyed during a sleepover with Sawyer and Cameron. 







No comments: