Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Annual cookie exchange

After several weeks of searching through my favorite cooking blogs, I found the perfect candy/cookie recipes to take to my moms for the annual cookie exchange. This was always one of my favorite holiday events growing up. I remember gathering at one of my mom's friends house with all the kids and icing hundreds of sugar cookies and rolling thousands of buckeyes.

The event was tiny this year due to so many of the family members being pulled in all directions this holiday season. Regardless of it just being my mom, me and the kids, we still found a way to have fun. The kids and I ventured down to the lake to share in some sweets and nice glass of wine. We rolled buckeyes, smashed toasted pecans in caramels and served up some chocolatey and lemony cookies. My main mission was accomplished...gifts!!!

Here are a handful of pics:
Jake trying to see how many rolos he can fit into his mouth:
Jake and Kate trying to find as many "boo buds" as possible:

Kate relaxing with Meg on the couch:

1/2 way through the project at hand:

Some great packaging I found:

The finished project for the kids teachers/schools. The main gift is the donation but the sweet treats are nice too :)

Ahh...it is starting to come together.  It seems like once I hit my breaking point of stress during the holidays, it starts to come together.  That is exactly where I am now...I hit my breaking point Monday and now it seems to be coming together.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love catching up with y'all!!!! that packaging is awesome. A students gave me some treats in something like that, and I loved it. And, I love the idea of a donation. I think the older I get the more Christmas breaks my heart for all the kids who don't have enough. I feel guilty showering my own children (and self) with all the indulgences so I might do that next year.