So instead of swimming the day away, we had a big party in the new house/playroom. The boys orchastrated a Dora parade through the living room and they all ran at least 50 laps through the house (through the living room, down the stairs through the kitchen, the length of the basement, up the back steps and back through the living room). If they didn't sleep well that night, there is no hope! Everyone being inside made for a little more chaos that I would have liked but it was a blast for the kids. And as always, it is so good to catch up with all my family and local friends.
The cake was a huge hit. I LOVE the way it turned out. Plehn's does it up every year and they never disappoint. The detail, including the little girl's bikini's and toe nail polish, was just precious. The pictures don't do it justice. I thought Kate would get scared with everyone singing to her but she was a champ.
Thanks to the Barber family, we even had a spectacular fireworks show at 9:30 that night. The neighbors said tonight that they were pretty impressed with the show. I figured we may get a letter in our mailbox today saying we were kicked out of the new neighborhood. Turns out that others even liked it! I wonder at what age will we have to tell Kate that the yearly fireworks show is not actually for her birthday?
Kate topped the night off with a sleep over with her cousins. She keep talking about how Sawyer patted her back until she fell asleep. Is that cute or what? The next morning my Dad came up for a wonderful breakfast at Austin's. Whew...it was glorious Saturday!!!
Thank you to EVERYONE who came over to help us celebrate Kate's big day. Everyone was too generous with the gifts as usual. We played with all the new pool toys this afternoon after work and Kate can't stop talking about how much fun she had on her big day. I know it may have been overwhelming for many of the adults but it was worth every bit of planning and effort as the kids had a blast. Now we are looking forward to celebrating another birthday next Saturday...Cameron's 3rd!

No comments:
Post a Comment