Saturday, September 13, 2008

New background...no new bed

Thought I would switch it up a little bit! Don't know if I like the new background or not but will stick with it for a few weeks and see.

I was hoping to be able to post a bunch of new pictures of Kate in her new big girl bed but unfortunately our new mattress did not come in on Thursday as expected. We had to special order an antique size mattress for her bed, which has been in my family for 100 years. Hopefully it will come in sometime this week and Ryan and Kate can set it up while I am in Chicago! We have the bedding all washed and ready so hopefully I can send pics next weekend!

Low key weekend here, which was much needed on my end! Since taking on the new job, sleep is one aspect of my life that is definitely not the same. I have learned that Kate functions exactly like me when tired...not at all! I try to use my weekends to catch up on sleep, laundry, cleaning, etc so I truly cherish when we have a weekend with no plans! I am also thankful of our dear friends (Ann, Jack, and Grant) who live down the road and share dinner duty with us 1-2 x/week! Having great neighbors is a life send. For example, we had bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches and potato soup tonight for dinner at their house and all I had to do was make a few cupcakes :)

Have a great week and I can't wait to post some pics of Kate in her new bed this coming weekend!

3 comments:

Nanajo said...

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all have a wonderful week, whether in Chicago, Louisville, or wherever. We will all be excited to see the "new" bed, especially Kate, I'm sure. Is she aware that she is getting it? Bet she can't wait for her "big girl" bed.

Keep Sunday, Sept. 28 open for Chad's birthday. As of right now, I think the get-together will be here in Berea, but that is subject to change. I don't think the day is, however. They are expecting Stan and Ursula in S'Set on Saturday.

I'll be looking forward to being with Kate this week. Ryan, I have changed my plans about meeting Tom in Louisville on the 18th. I have someone else who seems more appealing, and I have never been able to juggle more than one guy at a time. Nor do I want to. So Tom has to go. Did you mention you would rather bring Kate here? Or were you just trying to accommodate me? It is fine for me to come up there--either way is okay. I will call on Monday.

Have a productive and fun week!

Unknown said...

Are you talking about me Nanajo?

shochikubailover said...

Hi Whitney,
Just checking in.
Janet in VB